Last night, out of the blue, my engine would not turn over after a race.
Nothing at all when I push the start button.  I ran the engine before the race
and all was fine and have had no issues at all this year.  Fortunately, I was
able to sail the short distance to the mooring without a problem.  I will be
going out to the boat later to try to fix the problem and wanted to see if
anyone had thoughts on the problem from personal experience.

Plenty of power- batteries fully charged.  I tried bridging the two batteries
just to be sure and still nothing happens.
Key switch on I can hear the fuel pump ticking over.
 I measured 12V across the start button poles, which goes to zero when pressed
and my recollection is that is normal the way it is wired with the glow plug
button.  I have not yet measured at the starter, as that is a real PITA to get
to.

Everything had been working fine up until that incident.  The only thing that
happened during the race, (and I don’t think relevant) is that the genoa sheet
got wrapped around the engine stop pull knob at one point.  I checked and the
cable and stop look fine, and the engine should still turn over even if it were
pulled, is my understanding.  It just should not start.

So I am thinking either engine ground wire or starter and plan to clean both
and try again.  Any thoughts welcome.  Thanks- Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT