I also suffer from engine anxiety after dealing with unreliable diesel
operation over about 2 years, during which time it would quit, usually
immediately restart, run for several minutes or several hours and then quit,
repeat, etc.
The most recent fix (electric fuel pump x2, switchable) with the lift pump
bypassed entirely has kept it running regularly for 2+ years.
As a result of my post diesel failure anxiety (PDFA!), I can’t bring myself to
call this fix the ‘last fix’. I consider it only a long pause before the next
failure of some system on board.
On the plus side, I know my way around my diesel almost as well as my mechanic
and have proven to my crew that I am capable of ALL routine engine  maintenance
while underway or drifting depending on the breeze!
Charlie NelsonWater Phantom1995 C&C 36/XL/kcb

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Monday, June 12, 2023, 1:47 PM, David Knecht via CnC-List