I would like to chime in on this.
My 1985 Landfall 39 with the original rigging survived hurricane Dorian in
2019 here in the Bahamas....while on a mooring.
Of the approx. 75 boats in this harbor at the time with winds 220 gusting
240 ... my rigging held and was one of only 2 sailing vessels that did not
get dis masted...and one of only 5 vessels that was not destroyed.
I hope this lends some support to the conversation.
Lloyd Lippe
Finesse
Man O War Cay Abacos

Thanks for your help.