From: Bill Coleman via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2024 11:23 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Bill Coleman <colt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Standing Rigging

I think you will find it is a fair amount more $$, for little gain. Probably
have to change a lot of your attachments as well.
I replaced my backstay (split) with Dyneema, only because that's what it was
originally. After spending 4 grand on that, I wonder why I did it for the
little weight savings, when I could have replaced it with rod myself for next
to nothing.

Bill Coleman
Erie PA Entrada

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 9:51 AM Karl Erickson via CnC-List
Has anyone looked into replacing their standing rigging with Dyneema? I am in
the process of replacing my lifelines with dyneema and have heard of boat
owners that have replaced their standing rigging with it. Just curious.

Karl Erickson
1978 C&C 34
SeaBatical
Thanks for your help.