Looking for some input on my non starting Universal / Westerbeke diesel
5416 on my 1980 C& C 34. It was running great at the end of last year but
no go from the start this year.

 It turns over great but no sounds of combustion. Battery is brand new. Oil
and transmission fluids are at proper levels and fresh. It sounds like the
glow plugs are working because the blower changes pitch with the increased
current draw. Fuel looks good, checked pickup for debris, changed fuel
filter, bled lines. I did have some electrical work done at the wiring
harness but I don’t think that would affect it.

 I am thinking either I need to look at the injectors and injector pump or
I need to do a compression test. I’ve read about both in online forums but
haven’t had the “opportunity” to dig this far into engine troubles. Any
input from the group on other diagnostic tests or possible sources of the
issue? Thanks in advance.

TODD
Indigo Out We Go
1980 C&C 34