Am 22.07.2012 03:39, schrieb Pierre Pronchery:
                Hi Simon, lists,

On 21/07/2012 20:45, Simon Busch wrote:

as a lot of you may have noticed we did two releases in the past months
of the FSO stack. Both were related to bring stability and consistence
to the stack. Now I want to talk with you about the future of the stack. [...]

Good to hear, thanks for the heads up.

For fsogsmd there are the following things on my list:
[...]
5. Multi device support: While working in HFP HF support in fsogsmd I
discovered that things would be easier if we can control more than one
modem with the same daemon at the same time. Think about phone with
support for more than one SIM card. Work has already started for this in
the morphis/multi-device branch of the cornucopia repository.

I fully agree to this, and I have started work to support this in
DeforaOS Phone. More specifically, my goal is to be able to support (and
integrate) an AT-based modem together with VoIP account(s), Instant
Messaging and so on. To help me with this task I am using libpurple
(from Pidgin) and sofia-sip (for SIP, obviously).

Ok, we're talking here about two different things. My effort for multi device support in fsogsmd is a a step before what you describe. It's not about using VoIP and a AT based modem together. Think about situations where you have more than one modem (and really a modem) to control like in a phone with more than one SIM card or on a laptop where you have a phone connected via HFP HF and a UMTS stick for your data connection.

Controlling VoIP and a modem together with the same API is definitely nothing we should do in fsogsmd itself but in telepathy or a fsophoned.

regards,
Simon

--
Simon Busch - http://mm.gravedo.de/blog/