On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 15:21, Jure Repinc wrote:
> Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> > Please try .test3 kernel on a UP system. I think you really should get a
> > message about "partition table consistency  checks" failure and a reason
> > in parenthesis (when determining disk partitions).
> > <http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gbeauchesne/kernel/>
> >
> > And BTW, do you happen to have two disks? And the system one being the
> > second?
>
> I have tried with kernel -24mdk and still the same problem. I did get
> the partition table consistency check message and in paranthesis it
> says: overflow.

Yes,
I also eventually found that error message:

hdb attached ide-disk driver
hdb host protected area => 1
hdb x sectors w/ cache...
Partition check: /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: inconsistent
partition table (overflow)
Partition check: /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0: inconsistent
partition table (overflow)
ide: late registration of driver.

Sorry for not finding it earlier.
--