On 3/20/17 11:10 PM, Xueming Shen wrote:

Hi Dean,

Thanks for doing this.

Though as I suggested last time personally I prefer to make minimum change to simply seal those holes in ASB at this late stage of JDK9. I'm fine with the webrev.2 and it looks
better and reasonable to pull all UTF16 operations into StringUTF16.java.

Just for my curiosity, does the change in String#1810 make difference?

Yes, it's in the spirit of the comment "return immediately where possible", and allows me to have

474 assert fromIndex >= 0;

in StringUTF16.lastIndexOf(). This is because fromIndex can go negative at String#1808.

Thanks for the review.

dl

Thanks!
Sherman