On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 06:54:16 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Yes, because of the following code further up in the same method:
>
> I think what you are actually doing here is supporting archiving of the boot
> layer when the main module transitively depends on an incubator module. We
> might have to add more tests in this area as it doesn't look like this
> scenario is tested, at least not with CDS.

Just to add to this. The effect of this change is that a warning won't be
emitted if you archive with a boot layer that contains a main module and an
incubator module, e.g. main requires jdk.incubator.vector. In other words,
`java -Xshare:off -m main` will print the expected warning, `java -Xshare:off
-m main` will not.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16016#discussion_r1367685000