On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:58:46 GMT, Bill Huang <bhu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This task addresses an essential aspect of our testing infrastructure: the
>> proper handling and cleanup of temporary files and socket files created
>> during test execution. The motivation behind these changes is to prevent the
>> accumulation of unnecessary files in the default temporary directory, which
>> can affect the system's storage and potentially influence subsequent test
>> runs.
>>
>> Our review identified that several tests create temporary files or socket
>> files without ensuring their removal post-execution.
>> - Direct calls to java.io.File.createTempFile and
>> java.nio.file.Files.createTempFile without adequate cleanup.
>> - Tests using NIO socket channels with StandardProtocolFamily.UNIX, not
>> explicitly removing socket files post-use.
>
> Bill Huang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Implemented review comments

test/jdk/java/util/zip/ZipFile/ZeroDate.java line 95:

> 93:
> 94:         // ensure that the archive is still readable, and the date is
> 1979-11-30
> 95:         Path path = Utils.createTempFile("out", ".zip");

So it looks like the test library has this utility method which allows to
create temporary files within the jtreg scratch directory. Perhaps we should
use it then. Having said that, is there a reason why one test method in this
test now uses `Files.createTempFile(...)` and this other test method uses
`Utils.createTempFile(...)`?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18352#discussion_r1534105420