-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 04/21/1999 1:15:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 So human kindness could prevent a lot of trouble; blaming the victims -
 well, yes in their ignorance and youth, they probably didnot realize wht
 they were doing.  But the teachers and the police, had all been
 warned....and did nothing. >>

I have a girlfriend who was raising kids the same time I was who told me
during a discussion of cruel teasing by school kids that when she was in
school, one of the kids in her highschool class was a dwarf (Hermorkio's
(Sp?) Disease type).  You may recall seeing Michael Dunn on television's WILD
WILD WEST.  Anyway the other kids thought it great fun to tease this kid.
They used to do fun things like hang him on a tree limb by his belt or throw
his books up on a low roof where he couldn't get them down--little attentions
like that.  Then when the bell rang they would troop into school and leave
him.  It was all very funny.  Then one day the kid had enough of it, and when
the school's star quarterback started to reach for him, he picked up a
section of two-by-four that happened to be there because of some minor school
construction, and slammed it into our star quarterback's legs.  The result
was a broken leg.  Now I don't recall what happened as a result, but we all
know that there's a point where teasing isn't funny any more.  Had the kid's
parents complained to the school about the treatment of their son?  Probably,
but that usually doesn't get much response.  This kid didn't have a gun.
This happened before everyone seemed to have a lot of those around the house.
 There's never an excuse for murder, but it might be a good idea if kids were
taught how to treat each other so that everyone was enjoying the experience.
Prudy