Daniel,

As the error status exist in synchronous mode, it is obvious that you handle it somewhere. I would have hope to get it from curl_easy_getinfo with something like:

    curl_easy_getinfo(httpRqt->easy, CURLINFO_xxxxx_xxxxx, &code);

Unfortunately from what I understand the code "invalid_credential" is not store into curl_easy_getinfo. With current behavior, I got CURLMSG_DONE without any data, this allow me to understand something went wrong, but I cannot make the difference in between a wrong LDAP search and invalid credentials (in both case socket connection is established and no data return).

May be in a futture version 😇.

Have a nice weekend.

Fulup