Patrick,

It is not as clear as that, if you have a wrong LDAP request schema, ldap returned code is also store into msg->result, when in my opinion this is an LDAP protocol error. In any case it allows to retrieve an classify low level errors as: invalid-credential, invalid-request, ... which is what I was looking for.

Have a nice Sunday.

Fulup