Hello,

On Mon 13 Apr 2020 at 08:38PM +01, Neil McGovern wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 07:39:34PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
>> Does Discourse have some kind of export feature, that one could
>> postprocess to get for example a mailbox of annotated emails?
>>

> Yes, though I think there's just automated ways of doing this for the
> entire database, or for your *own* data at the moment. It would be
> fairly trivial to do this yourself though, as Discoruse is primarily two
> things:
> 1) An API
> 2) A webpage that consumes that API.
>
> If you can do it via the web, you can do it via the API.

Great!  Assuming the API is sufficiently stable, we could start
archiving locked/closed threads to monthly mboxes on master.d.o

Do you think that would end up capturing all discussions, with possibly
a few weeks delay?  Is it typical in Discourse use to lock/close threads
after a certain point?  And do you think the API is stable enough for us
to start doing something like this?

Thank you for your input.

--
Sean Whitton