Hi Sam,

On 12/2/19 6:12 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Thomas> Sam,
>
>     Thomas> Is this a real life case (if so, please name the
>     Thomas> package...), or just a pure fictional one, just because you
>     Thomas> love debating?
>
>     Thomas> Cheers,
>
> So, first of all, note that this question has already been adequately
> answered:
> * the significant effect on systemd installations criteria is the
> biggest consideration
> *  compiling twice  or turning into runtime configuration are the
> biggest mittigation.
>
> I had at least two situations in mind: Gnome (say policykit) and
> libvert.
> They are a bit different.
>
> I think your tone is overly confrontational.

This is a very short sentence, and nothing aggressive in it. Please
re-read with this in mind.

Moving forward, I'll try to re-read what I send, add a smile or
something, so that it becomes more obvious that I don't have bad intention.

> based on several previous messages, it was clear at the time I wrote the
> message that it was a real issue.
> Ian knew that; Simon knew that.

It wasn't for me, and it I'm happy to know more now.

> You come along a couple of days later and imply that I might not have
> been acting in good faith and make Debian just a little less nice to be
> in.

Sam, I haven't done that at all. If that's the perception, sorry for the
bad choice of words.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)