On 03/04/24 01:42, Marc Haber wrote:
Dear Candidates,

There are many people who see Debian as a technology project, with the
technical goal of producing The Universal Operating System.
I believe that Debian is both a technology project and a community.

What are you planning to do to Debian from a technical and technological
point of view? What do we well, where do we suck on the technical site?
If we do suck in some technical points, what are you planning to do to
improve those things?
I believe position of DPL is more of an administrative position than a technical decision making position. If I become the DPL, I would love to hear answers for the above questions from the whole project and let us all, as a project, come up with some great solutions.

What is your position about technical leadership? Are our technical
decision-making processes up to today's challenges?

In Debian, I do not think we need a technical leadership through a DPL. I consider this as the unique aspect of our Constitution that sets Debian apart from other distros.

In Debian, unlike other distros, every Debian Member canĀ  start and lead the change they want in Debian. Let us take the example of non-free firmware in Debian. It was one of the biggest technical change in Debian, but the DPL was not the one who lead the discussions/decision-making process. I believe the decision making system in Debian is good enough that DPL need not be involved in technical decision making.

Thanks for your consideration to answer these questions despite
platforms containing language about this topic.

Greetings
Marc