Am Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 10:14:59AM -0700 schrieb Soren Stoutner:
> On Thursday, April 4, 2024 5:32:45 AM MST Andreas Tille wrote:
> >    [ ] Its not acceptable, don't do that
> >    [ ] We should discuss this on debian-devel, possibly do some GR
> >        before things like this are permitted
> >    [ ] Wait one week before uploading
> >    [X] Wait one day before uploading
> >    [ ] Just upload provided you care for any break your action might
> >        have caused.
> >    [ ] ???
>
> Given the circumstances, I think waiting one day before uploading is
> appropriate.
>
> I also feel that asking this question on this list is appropriate.  It is
> insightful in helping me understand how Andreas would approach being the DPL,
> thus informing my vote.

Summarising my question about how to deal with an example RC bug that affects
some dependency tree of some team:

   1. Prefer NMU which solves the problem quickly.  I do not volunteer to
      do this since I do not consider it sustainable in the said situation.
   2. Prefer package salvaging (which I did now #1068561 but its a lengthy
      process that will trigger another series of testing removal warnings
      in between)
   3. Two responses would agree to an alternative way which are not backed up
      by any procedure we agreed upon so I will not do this.  I wonder whether
      we can use this as some input to simplify / shorten the salvage process
      or whether we should move on as before.

Additional remark: When reading the PackageSalvaging FAQ[1] I realised
that my way to talk about examples might be considered finger pointing
no matter whether I write that this is not intended.  I understand I was
wrong here and I'm sorry about doing so.  I do not intend to do this in
future any more.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging#FAQs