Daniel, explain EXACTLY what negative stuff happens if this bug is
unmarked as duplicate instead of claiming that it's "not helping the
situation". Until you do, we can only assume that it's better for the
community if THIS BUG is the main one, and the other is the duplicate.
It gets more traffic and helps more people BECAUSE IT'S BETTER in the
ways I described.

Jeremy, still waiting on an answer to my questions.

  onscreen keyboard appears whenever i touch touchscreen

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown

  I'm in 17.10. Whenever I touch the touchscreen, the keyboard appears.
  It is disabled in System Preferences > Universal Access.  This didn't
  happen in any previous Ubuntus, including 17.04 GNOME, nor in Fedora,
  which is GNOME based.