This is sad news.

Alarming? Perhaps.

I guess most people using Ivy will be interested in knowing what's the best
alternative to Ivy in the above scenario.

I think for Ivy to live on you will need backing from organisations that
are vested in using it in their critical projects and cannot afford to move
to a different dependency management solution that easily i.e., there's a
lock-in to it and additionally these orgs are willing to spare their own
developers to maintain the Ivy codebase.