Hi Eric

On 2023-12-04, Eric Milles wrote:

> It sounds to me like Ivy and IvyDE -- even as a retired subproject -- should
> move out from under Apache Ant.  Just for my clarity, is Apache Ivy a
> top-level project or a subproject of Apache Ant?

The top level ASF project here is "Apache Ant" and the corresponding PMC
oversees the Ant build tool, Apache Ivy, a few "Antlibs" and up to their
retirement IvyDE, EasyAnt and Antidote.

You may be aware of ASF discussions on the term "subproject" in other
places. We've called Ivy and IvyDE "projects", but that's just a
word. They are/have been components with releases the Ant PMC voted on -
just like the Ant build tool. Technically the Ant top-level project has
a single set of committers who are committers to all Ant "projects" and
release votes have always involved the full PMC.

Does that help?

Cheers