On 10/19/2013 7:26 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Gregg Smith <g...@gknw.net <mailto:g...@gknw.net>> wrote:

    On 10/17/2013 7:49 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

        On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Jeff Trawick
        <traw...@gmail.com <mailto:traw...@gmail.com>
        <mailto:traw...@gmail.com <mailto:traw...@gmail.com>>> wrote:

            On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Jeff Trawick
        <traw...@gmail.com <mailto:traw...@gmail.com>
        <mailto:traw...@gmail.com <mailto:traw...@gmail.com>>> wrote:

                On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Jim Jagielski
        <j...@jagunet.com <mailto:j...@jagunet.com>
        <mailto:j...@jagunet.com <mailto:j...@jagunet.com>>> wrote:

                    Subj sez it all.

                    I've never been RM for APR but am willing to do
        this one...

                I'm happy to take care of the RM work.

                Some things I'm interested in checking on for 1.5.x:

                * Compare 1.4.x<->1.5.x and see if anything was
        missed.  (I'm
                pretty sure that there are some .h fixes that skipped
        1.5.x;
                dunno what else.)
                * Add the cmake support.  (I purposefully skipped the
        1.5.x
                branch when there was constant activity.)
                * Put in a couple of fixes for Cygwin that somebody opened
                bugs for in the last week or so.
                * Test MinGW static and shared builds in conjunction with
                APR-util 1.5.x.  (Should be okay; some fixes for
        shared never
                hit the 1.4.x branch, so it would be good to ensure
        this is
                finally working.)
                * Check for anything whatsoever that could be merged from
                trunk and see what to do, as presumably there won't be
        another
                opportunity for a while.

                It would be good for T&R to be no sooner than next Monday.

                Any other thoughts on what to look at before T&R of
        the first
                1.5.x release?

                --         Born in Roswell... married an alien...
        http://emptyhammock.com/

            I haven't forgotten :)  I want to wrap up the apr_shm stuff on
            Windows and finish working through appropriate fixes that
        aren't
            in 1.5.x.  Additionally, the traditional Windows build
        system is
            not ready in the 1.5.x branch but maybe some kind soul will be
            able to take care of that.

        BTW, the stuff that seems to be missing from the traditional
        Windows build system in the 1.5.x branch is

        * apr_escape stuff including gen_test_char (I think trunk has
        this in the Windows build system)

    No, I see nothing in trunk for either.

oops, sorry :(

    I'd like to first rid the 1.5 traditional Windows build of the
    Release9x & Debug9x targets. Anyone against this?

no concerns here; is there code that can get deleted too?

probably, I would assume so, I haven't ran it down that far yet.

    gen_test_char is straight forward enough, generates
    apr_escape_test_char.h which is included in apr_escape.c.  I am
    however compelled to think of httpd and this gets tricky when
    building httpd in it's traditional build (since apr is built
    during the httpd build) if I need to first build gen_test_char so
    I can generate the header before compiling the libs. Since this is
    not needed in APR < 1.5, to do this in httpd may create a
    requirement for APR 1.5 in httpd. Not sure that's a bad thing.

I'm confused. httpd still has its own gen_test_char when generates a certain .h, and apr now has one that generates a different .h. Why wouldn't the build continue to run both programs when building httpd 2.4 in conjunction with apr 1.5? (I assume that in the future httpd trunk will consume apr_escape and not need both, but we're not there yet.)

httpd is a bunch of projects run in a certain order, gen_test_char is just one of the many projects as is apr. apr is just a single project, to build it's gen_test_char is another project that would need to be added to the httpd build, or so was my 1 dimensional thinking at the time. I've since realized it can be done w/o being a separate project. So false alarm, my bad, sorry.