On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:54 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net>wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:01:09 -0400
> Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Gregg Smith <g...@gknw.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Just a note,

> > > I did not do this after all nor do I think I am brave enough to.
> > >
> > > apr_escape, testescape and gen_test_char were added into the build
> > > with r1534053.
> > > .mak/.dep files were added in r1534516.
> > >
> > > We should be ready to go on the Windows side now.
>
> So, given that 1.5 remains compatible with 1.4... but projects which
> build APR themselves will have to adapt to the new gen_test_char or
> we need to make the suggested change, let's just take the httpd example.
>
> Does it make more sense for httpd 2.2 Makefile.win to detect the
> presence of gen_test_char and build it when encountered, or does it make
> more sense to compile-link-invoke gen_test_char.c?  I'm happy to make
> the respective change later tonight or tomorrow, based on consensus.

Is the Windows build interface of apr 1.5.x different such that httpd's
Makefile.win would care?

httpd itself doesn't use apr escape and shouldn't care that apr happens to
have a build utility of the same name as one of its own  (or something is
borked).

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/