I agree that we’ve made good progress on last year’s big problem, pull requests
languishing for too long. The situation has been better, because a few people
are putting in considerable effort reviewing. We still have some ways to go, so
let’s keep up the good work.

One of the successes of the year was to arrange release managers for several
releases in advance. Each of the individuals stepped up and did a great job,
and the release process was as smooth as it could possibly be for a project of
this size. Because the work was shared, I think no individual felt that they
were taking on an undue burden.

I also want to mention the fact that we now have an awesome logo. Thank you for
pushing that change through!

+1 for Stamatis as candidate for the next PMC chair. I was going to propose him
also.

I am proud that we have appointed a new person as PMC chair every year. Each
chair has brought a new perspective and energy to the role, and has advanced
the community. Francis is no exception, and he has kept Calcite in good shape.
Thank you, Francis!

We were discussing in another thread about whether we should cleave Avatica
into a more separate sub-project or top-level project. But I do note that
Francis came from the Avatica side of the project (Avatica Go, in fact) and yet
effortlessly and effectively spoke for the whole Calcite project. So, it gives
me hope that there is still cohesion between the Calcite and Avatica
communities.

Julian