On Fri, 2022-05-13 at 20:07 +0100, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> I’d love to know who the specific people are that I should reach out
> to per
> Apache project to discuss collaboration around events, promotions of
> our
> projects, etc.
>
> If the answer to the above is “write to their mailing list” or
> “everyone”,
> etc, then no that’s not what I mean.

I tend to think that the answer *should* be write to the mailing list,
but that *also* there should be people who consider it their role to
step up and answer those questions.

Why both? Because we do things in the view of the entire community, so
that 1) people can see answers to questions that they may have, but
haven't asked yet and 2) people see the conversation and think "I could
do that too" and then step in the next time.

When the answer is "Email Larry", then 1) only Larry sees the questions
and they don't benefit anybody else and 2) the rest of the community is
told, implicitly, back off, that's not your cookie.