What's the problem with reaching out to the dev@ ? This is a great thing to
do.

I keep on explaining people when they reach me (or anyone else) directly
for help in any subject in Airflow that they are doing it wrong for three
reasons:

1) they do not let others, who feel like and are able to help them, to
answer, effectively limiting their own options
2) they demand exclusive attention from those they reach out to directly
(and the people reached out to can be sick, unavailable, busy, have no
time, take vacations), by reaching them directly you put a pressure on them
- you should be aware of that.
3) they do not let anyone else to learn from their reaching out because it
is done in private

This is IMHO, wrong on basically all levels where community is there.

I think people should learn more to ask publicly for help. Doing so is not
a sign of weakness, it's a sign for maturity - you are mature enough to
know that you do not know things and reach out to a wider audience for
help. It also forces you to specify precisely what you ask for and this is
great.

J.