On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Jan Lehnardt <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> On 29 Nov 2010, at 23:05, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Tonight i've written t quick patch that allows the user to use map
>> view function to filter changes. Here is the patch :
>>
>> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad
>>
>> thoughts ?
>
> Thanks for the patch, but could you explain what problem this solves,
> where this is useful, how it works and what problems there might be?
>
> I'd like to see some more description of what a patch does before
> looking at it to see if it does what it is supposed to.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

Hi,

That's what we discussed the other day on irc. It doesn't do more than
"use map view function to filter changes  instead of duplicating the
effort in writing a filter function that does the same, which is
apparently done a lot. So each time a value could be emitted, a change
is returned. The url is :

http://127.0.0.1:5984/testdb/_changes?filter=_view&view=dname/viewname

On other advantage is that I can also use this in an external indexer.

- benoƮt.