On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Filipe David Manana
<fdman...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Benoît,
>
> It's a good idea I think. Good work.
> I have some comments regarding the patch:
>
> 1) Doing a regexp substitution of the view function's code string
> seems like a recipe for disaster to me.
>
> I think the safe and clean way to go here is to create another
> sandbox, with a different 'emit' function, and in
> Couch.compileFunction (utils.js) pass a third and optional argument
> which is the context in which the function is going to be executed. If
> omitted, it uses 'sandbox' as the context, otherwise use that other
> context. Then here:
>
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L0R34
>
> You would so something like:
>
> fun = Couch.compileFunction(source, filter_sandbox);
>

> 2) Don't forget the indentation level for .js files is 2 spaces (I'm
> seeing a mix of 4 and 2 spaces in share/server/filter.js)
>
> 3) Avoid the unnecessary white-space only changes:
>
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L2R396
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L2R477
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L3R255
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L4R60
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L4R85
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L4R247
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L4R503
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L3R191
>
> 4) This?LOG_INFO line is there for your debugging purposes I think
> (should be removed):
>
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L3R168
>

> cheers
>
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Tonight i've written t quick patch that allows the user to use map
>> view function to filter changes. Here is the patch :
>>
>> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad
>>
>> thoughts ?
>>
>> - benoît
>>

> --
> Filipe David Manana,
> fdman...@gmail.com, fdman...@apache.org

>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."

Here is an updated patch. It now use a filter sandbox instead of
patching the function and it fixes whitespaces.

https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/compare/master...view_changes

Description of this patch:

Allows to use view map functions to filter database changes. Each time
a map function function could have emitted a pair of key value for a
doc, a change is emitted. This is another builtin change filter. Query
parameters are :

filter=_view
view = designame/viewname

ok for you?