On 2/25/2016 11:06 AM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 02:02PM, Dood@ODDO wrote:
On 2/24/2016 1:31 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 02:13PM, Dood@ODDO wrote:
That's the million dollar question - I think we should approach the
Arrow people and get a conversation going. We want to be ahead of
the curve, not behind it - Arrow seems to be making quite a stir,
not to mention that it was fast-tracked to mature project status
apparently solely based on the people/companies involved ;-)
I am afraid you misunderstand the point of the 'fast tracking'. To start with,
ASF doesn't case what companies are involved nor there's no such thing as fast
tracking. However, there's 'direct to TLP' track, that allows for a community
that has enough ASF members and other people, with lengthy involvement into
Apache projects, to go directly into TLP. The reason is simple: these people
are well versed in Apache Way and the incubation isn't required for me.

So, please stop using this 'fast-tracked' confusion.
   Cos

P.S. Another point: TLP != 'mature project status'. Please educate yourself
about the Apache incubation, before making statement like this in the future.

I will educate myself. What you need to do is learn to be polite. I
am not sure you can teach that though ;(
If you don't mind elaborating on what particularly was impolite in my email,
you'll
put me forever into your debts. And teach me a lesson of good manners too.

Cos
I don't know, you just came off as angered by what I said. You took the time to supposedly educate me how "fast tracking" is not the same as " taking a project directly to TLP" (which I think is obviously the same as fast tracking since it skipped the incubating phase). Then you took more time to educate me how people/companies are not what Apache looked at when fast tracking this project (pardon, taking the route called "direct to TLP") but you said that people experienced in the ways of Apache are what allowed for this project to be fast tracked (pardon again, taken "direct to TLP").

Incidentally, who can join the dev list on the Arrow project at this stage? I tried a week ago and was unsuccessful. I was under the impression that anyone can join it.