Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 8:35 AM Andrew Schofield
<andrew_schofield_j...@outlook.com> wrote:
> I have a question about José’s comment (2). I can see that it’s possible for
> multiple
> partitions to change leadership to the same broker/node and it’s wasteful to
> repeat
> all of the connection information for each topic-partition. But, I think it’s
> important to
> know which partitions are now lead by which node. That information at least
> needs to be
> per-partition I think. I may have misunderstood, but it sounded like your
> comment
> suggestion lost that relationship.

Each partition in both the FETCH response and the PRODUCE response
will have the CurrentLeader, the tuple leader id and leader epoch.
Clients can use this information to update their partition to leader
id and leader epoch mapping.

They can also use the NodeEndpoints to update their mapping from
replica id to the tuple host, port and rack so that they can connect
to the correct node for future FETCH requests and PRODUCE requests.

-José