Kirk

> Is the requested restructuring of the response “simply” to preserve bytes,
> or is it possible that the fetch response could/should/would return
> leadership changes for partitions that we’re specifically requested?

Moving endpoints to top-level fields would preserve bytes, otherwise the
endpoint-information would be duplicated if included with the
partition-data in the response. Right now, the top-level field will only be
set in case leader changes for any requested partitions. But it can be
re-used in the future, for which Jose has a use-case in mind shared up in
the thread. KIP is now upto date with endpoint info being at top-level.

> > 3. In the future, I may use this information in the KRaft/Metadata
> > implementation of FETCH. In that implementation not all of the
> > replicas are brokers.
>
> Side point: any references to the change you’re referring to? The idea of
> non-brokers serving as replicas is blowing my mind a bit :)

Jose, I missed this as well, would love to know more about non-broker
serving as replica!
--
Regards,
Mayank Shekhar Narula