Hi Vedarth and Krish,

Thanks for the KIP! I have to admit I'm a little skeptical; hopefully you
can help me understand the need for these additional images.

1) In the motivation section it's stated that "Several other Apache
projects, like Flink, Spark, Solr, have already released Docker Official
Images, with download figures ranging from 50 million to over 1 billion.
These numbers highlight the significant demand among users." But then
immediately afterwards, we learn that "Also the Docker Official Images are
always the top 1 search result, irrespective of the number of downloads."
Wouldn't a high number of downloads for an image naturally follow from
being the top search result? It seems like we can't necessarily assume that
Docker Official Images are inherently more desirable for users based solely
on download statistics.

2) Can you elaborate on the value that these new images would add from a
user's perspective? I'm hesitant to introduce another image, since it adds
to the cognitive burden of people who will inevitably have to answer the
question of "What are the differences between all of the available images
and which one is best for my use case?"

3) Would a separate Docker-owned repository be out of the question? I'm
guessing there are some trademark issues that might get in the way, but
it's worth exploring since the entire purpose of this KIP seems to be to
provide images that are vetted and designed by Docker more than by the
Apache Kafka contributors/committers/PMC.

I may have more questions later but wanted to get this initial round out
now without trying to list everything first.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Cheers,

Chris