Hi Chris. Thanks for the questions.

3. Would a separate Docker-owned repository be out of the question? I'm
> guessing there are some trademark issues that might get in the way, but
> it's worth exploring since the entire purpose of this KIP seems to be to
> provide images that are vetted and designed by Docker more than by the
> Apache Kafka contributors/committers/PMC.

   - The process for introducing a Docker Official Image involves
      - Hosting the Dockerfile in the Apache Kafka repository and
      - Providing the path to this Dockerfile to Docker Hub in Docker Hub’s
      own repo
      <https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/tree/master/library>
      .
   - This ensures that any updates to the Dockerfile in the AK repository
   are directly applicable to the docker official images available on Docker
   Hub.

   - We also did not find any added advantage to create a separate
   repository named apache-docker within the Apache GitHub organization.

Thanks,
Krish.