just giving an example about Chris's opinion (how JIRA would help for more
new users)

I can see Spark 2.4 is highly possible to include the nested column pruning
in parquet file from its JIRA (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4502)

it's hard for me to have any source to get the similar expectation for MXNET

Best,

Nan