Hi Jean-Baptiste,
On 2010-10-15, at 24:34 , Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:

> Le 15/10/2010 03:12, Louis Suarez-Potts a écrit :
>>
>> On 2010-10-14, at 18:11 , Lior Kaplan wrote:

>>> I think you're wrong on this, as many of us volunteer on more than one
>>> projects, and some might have conflicts, but that is the way community
>>> works. I do both Debian and Ubuntu work - and I just try to combine what's
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> Charles' use of this list to send a one time mail about LibreOffice was fine
>>> from my point of view, as any other mail about collaboration with open
>>> source projects.
>>>
>>> Oracle should be smarter on these issues and not making this an us vs. them
>>> situation...
>>>
>>> Kaplan
>>
>> This is not an Oracle issue.
>
> Hi Louis,
>
> Of course it is an Oracle issue : there is no conflict of interest
> between OpenOffice.org Community and the Document Foundation, both work
> for the development of the best free and open-source productivity suite.

I guess then we disagree. For I see OpenOffice.org as quite distinct and
different from Oracle, just as it was different from Sun, and just as it
differs from any one company. OOo is a community of differences and likes.

> On the other side we are many to think there is a conflict of interest
> for Oracle between OpenOffice.org Community and Oracle.

Hm. I am not persuaded of that at all, especially as there has been no
specification—just rhetoric—on this point.

> The only good
> way to solve this conflict is to participate to the project through the
> Document Foundation as a regular member without no more prerogatives
> than other members.

Again, I disagree.

But I do think that we both stand to lose by engaging in fights of this nature.
Or do you think our competitor's recent video and ODF / file efforts are purely
coincidence? Put another way… divide/conquer. Ring a bell?

> JBF
best
louis