Louis,

Le Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:32:28 -0400,
Louis Suárez-Potts <louis.suarez-po...@oracle.com> a écrit :

> All,
> I have asked that Charles Schulz recuse himself from his role as lead
> of the NLC category because of the confusion his new role outside of
> OpenOffice.org would produce in the minds of contributors and users.
> I have not received an answer, so I must presume one, that he would
> act with good grace and recognize the impossibility of his dual roles.

I am afraid you are presuming the wrong way.
I am sorry not to have given you an answer earlier publicly, but I am
not going away. Your takeover of my position is simply not right, does
not match any of our guidelines and implies a lot of nebulous things:
confusion with my new role? Please define why my new role would
confuse the OpenOffice.org community. I think my new role is quite
clear; the fact that I will eventually leave, on my own accord and
terms should also be clear.

Louis, I am not employed by Oracle: you cannot "fire" me nor anyone
like you're trying to do. This is extravagant and outlines a deep
misunderstanding of community "management".

> As lead I will continue to do what I normally do as the co-lead of
> the NLC—the admin, policy, outreach—plus the engagement of new
> members interested in setting up projects in their native language.
> Only, I'll do this now as Lead of the category. (There is no real
> apparatus for formal vote here….)

There might not be any, but I'd be interested to know what other think
about both the legitimity of your move, let alone of its legality.

> And there is a fair amount that does need to be done, as OOo is
> gaining enormous momentum around the world and as you, the NLC
> projects, are elemental to that!

Sorry Louis, no pun intended, but... who are you talking about? This is
becoming pathetic.

Charles-H. Schulz.