I would push back slightly. The reason we have the PR builds taking so long
is death by a million small things that we add. Doing a full 2.11 compile
is order minutes... it's a nontrivial increase to the build times.

It doesn't seem that bad to me to go back post-hoc once in a while and fix
2.11 bugs when they come up. It's on the order of once or twice per release
and the typesafe guys keep a close eye on it (thanks!). Compare that to
literally thousands of PR runs and a few minutes every time, IMO it's not
worth it.