Yeah, was the issue that it had to be built vs Maven to show the error
and this uses SBT -- or vice versa? that's why the existing test
didn't detect it. Was just thinking of adding one more of these non-PR
builds, but I forget if there was a reason this is hard. Certainly not
worth building for each PR.