On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> Question: why was the code removed from the Spark repo?  What's the harm
> in keeping it available here?

Assuming the Spark PMC has no plan on releasing the code, why would we keep
it in our codebase?  It only makes the codebase harder to navigate.  It
would be easy for someone to stumble on that code and expect it be part of
the release.  Seems like a general code-hygiene practice, eg. just like not
leaving a giant commented-out block of old code.

(But as you can see from the rest of the thread, I think that discussion on
whether it should still be part of Apache Spark is ongoing ...)