Also, just wanted to point out something:

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Reynold Xin <r...@databricks.com> wrote:
> Thanks for initiating this discussion. I merged the pull request because it
> was unblocking another major piece of work for Spark 2.0: not requiring
> assembly jars

While I do agree that's more important, the streaming assemblies
weren't really blocking that work. The fact that there are still
streaming assemblies in the build kinda proves that point. :-)

I even filed a task to look at getting rid of the streaming assemblies
(SPARK-13575; just the assemblies though, not the code) but while
working on it found it would be more complicated than expected, and
decided against it given that it didn't really affect work on the
other assemblies.

--
Marcelo