Just want to provide a quick update that we have submitted the "Spark
Extras" proposal for review by the Apache board (see link below with the
contents).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zRFGG4414LhbKlGbYncZ13nyX34Rw4sfWhZRA5YBtIE/edit?usp=sharing

Note that we are in the quest for a project name that does not have "Spark"
as part of it, and we will provide an update here when we find a suitable
name. Suggestions are welcome (please send them directly to my inbox to
avoid flooding the mailing list).

Thanks