In few days, I will wrote this in our guidelines probably after rewording
it a bit better:

1. Add a prefix into a test name when a PR adds a couple of tests.
2. Uses "SPARK-XXXX: test name" format.

Please let me know if you have any different opinion about what/when to
write the JIRA ID as the prefix.
I would like to make sure this simple rule is closer to the actual practice
from you guys.

2019년 11월 12일 (화) 오전 8:41, Gengliang <ltn...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

> +1 for making it a guideline. This is helpful when the test cases are
> moved to a different file.
>
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 3:23 PM Takeshi Yamamuro <linguin....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 for having that consistent rule in test names.
>> This is a trivial problem though, I think documenting this rule in the
>> contribution guide
>> might be able to make reviewer overhead a little smaller.
>>
>> Bests,
>> Takeshi
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 1:46 AM Hyukjin Kwon <gurwls...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Maybe it's not a big deal but it brought some confusions time to time
>>> into Spark dev and community. I think it's time to discuss about when/which
>>> format to add a JIRA ID as a prefix for the test case name in Scala test
>>> cases.
>>>
>>> Currently we have many test case names with prefixes as below:
>>>
>>>    - test("SPARK-XXXXX blah blah")
>>>    - test("SPARK-XXXXX: blah blah")
>>>    - test("SPARK-XXXXX - blah blah")
>>>    - test("[SPARK-XXXXX] blah blah")
>>>    - …
>>>
>>> It is a good practice to have the JIRA ID in general because, for
>>> instance,
>>> it makes us put less efforts to track commit histories (or even when the
>>> files
>>> are totally moved), or to track related information of tests failed.
>>> Considering Spark's getting big, I think it's good to document.
>>>
>>> I would like to suggest this and document it in our guideline:
>>>
>>> 1. Add a prefix into a test name when a PR adds a couple of tests.
>>> 2. Uses "SPARK-XXXX: test name" format which is used in our code base