I have finally gotten around to finishing the setup of my account on our zone (http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html) and thanks to Martin and Google, I'm now able to fully build the nightly (by hand) of the entire Struts project.

For those who haven't been watching, the nightly builds that were happening on my machine began failing during the 'svn up' portion of the script. This basically caused Maven do say "oh cool, nothings changed, let's not build any artifacts", and the rest of the shell script just happily uploads the same jars from the last build. This explains the mismatch in date/name of some of the nightly artifacts.

So, where are we?
Currently, the latest build (nightly) is available here (http:// struts.zones.apache.org/~jmitchell/nightly/). I also updated the readme on the regular nightly download page to point to this interim spot. This is a manual process right now.

Where do we want to be?
Typically, nightlies are hosted from /www/cvs.apache.org/build/ {project}. Right now, both Craig and my own personal machines are configured to pull from cvs/svn, run the build, and upload something to that location. This can only happen as a cron job if we copy the appropriate ssh keys to the target server (no login prompted).

The question really comes down to "Where will the nightlies live?".

If we want to use some generic account on the zone to build the nightly, the script would need to either: a) use someone's account (mine?) to build/scp the nightlies over to cvs.apache.org b) build via a generic account and scp via a valid account (committer account on the zone)

Although, we can actually avoid all of this by just hosting the nightlies from the zone. The url might look like this:
http://struts.zones.apache.org/~nightly/

Somewhat related - Craig, if you are interested, I'd be happy to help you move your nightly Ant builds to the new zone.

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance