On 5/16/06, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/16/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think the solution is to:
>  1. Make betas publicly available and widely known like our 1.1 betas
were

+1

I think the notion that we can't announce and mirrors Betas is a
misunderstanding. We can mirror an announce *any* release, even an
Alpha.

"Announce" and "mirror" are two different things.  IIRC, Apache's general
guidelines on "mirror" are GA releases only (although we've probably been
among the folks that bypassed that policy on occasion).

Sorry not to have time (here at JavaOne this week) to do the historical
research to back this up, hence the disclaimer that this might be my foggy
memory.

Craig