On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:23:34AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Fabio Alessandro Locati
> <f...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:34:20AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >> One thing I forgot to mention in my original reply to jwb (it was
> >> getting long) is that there's a conundrum that applies quite
> >> specifically to Mac support, and it's this: there are quite a lot of
> >> people who want to run Fedora on Macs (seemingly, at least) but very
> >> few in a position to test installs for new releases.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think this is a big problem.
> > If we have a "class" of users that have special needs (aka: very
> > specific hardware/software/bios/...) and they never tests things, I see
> > this more as their problem than other people problem.
>
> I see it as everyone's problem. A bad user experience for an entire
> class of users is not good for the project as a whole. I don't see the
> them and us

Hi,

I see the "them and us" only in the sense that the people outside that
class can not perform testing and therefore the number of tester is very
limited.
Same can apply to other kind of setup that have very specific hardware
compatibilities (ie: secondary arch).
Obviously if a company wants to test and support this actively can do so,
but imho this burden should not be on the wider community.

> I generally haven't seen that trend. The mac users I know often keep
> their devices as long as they are usable as they cost so much or they
> upgrade every time there's a new model and sell the old one ASAP to
> recoup some of the costs. For corp use this is often different but
> then it is with all laptops.

This is true. Often Mac users that upgrade frequently sell their old Macs,
while this is less common in the PC world.

Best,
Fale
--
Fabio Alessandro Locati
Red Hat - Senior Consultant

PGP Fingerprint: E815 3C49 2A8D FD8B 1CBD  BC85 FDB3 DF20 B2DC 9C1B