Once upon a time, mcatanz...@gnome.org <mcatanz...@gnome.org> said:
> But if Negativo users start complaining that their computers don't
> boot anymore, then we'll definitely need to stop doing major kernel
> updates ("taking the entire distro hostage" I guess) as the Negativo
> support is important for product strategy. Hopefully it doesn't come
> to that.

Just... no.

I don't use nVidia hardware (in part because of the driver shenanigans)
and I had not heard of Negativo before today.  That's not Fedora, and
certainly should not dictate how Fedora is run.

If any third-party repo wants to dictate kernel update requirements,
they can maintain their own kernels.  There is zero reason for all
Fedora users to suffer because of non-Fedora repos.
--
Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net>