On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 9:55 PM Siteshwar Vashisht <svashi...@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

My understanding is that generally script breakage is considered a bug
and would have priority for fixing in bash anyway, so I *really* don't
think there's any harm in doing this. GCC is an order of magnitude
worse than bash, and we do fine with that *every year*. Something that
straight up says it's not intending to break scripts that just happens
to say it's a 5.0 release should not be as much of a cause for
concern.