On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 12:18:51PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Ben Cotton wrote:
> > As noted by Milan Crha, the existing format can result in threads that
> > are hard to distinguish when the subject is truncated by the width of
> > the mail client window. Screens are often pretty wide these days, but
> > ~40 characters is still a lot to use.
>
> On the other hand, the new format makes it hard to notice change proposal
> announcements among all the other threads. (Or even impossible, depending on
> where the subject line is truncated.)

If we kept the prefix very short then it could solve both problems.
eg replace the words "Fedora Change Proposal" with "FCP"

"FCP<N>: <Title> [<TYPE>]"

Compare some recent mails:

Support PARSEC - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal
PostgreSQL 13 - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal
Policy for Modules in Fedora and Fedora ELN - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change
proposal
Golang 1.15 - Late Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal
X.org Utility Deaggregation - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

Vs

FCP33: Support PARSEC [Self-Contained]
FCP33: PostgreSQL 31 [Self-Contained]
FCP33: Policy for Modules in Fedora and Fedora ELN [Self-Contained]
FCP33: Golang 1.15 [Late, System-Wide]
FCP33: X.org Utility Deaggregation [Self-Contained]

Regards,
Daniel