Am 02.11.20 um 15:44 schrieb Jakub Jelen:
Hi Fedora users!

Over the last years, there were several issues in the SCP protocol, which lead us into discussions if we can get rid of it in upstream [1]. Most of the voices there said that they use SCP mostly for simple ad-hoc copy and because sftp utility does not provide simple interface to copy one or couple of files back and forth and because of people are just used to write scp rather than sftp.

Some months ago, I wrote a patch [2] for scp to use SFTP internally (with possibility to change it back using -M scp) and ran it through some successful testing. The general feedback from upstream was also quite positive so I would like to hear also opinions from our users.

if it is compatible with what powerusers i.e. sysadmins do with it, it should be fine. I have such things as Compression, Cipher, Ports and 2 sets of login credentials in mind, to directly copy from a to b without parking it first on the pc running the scp.

On the server side it has to honor things like CHROOT directives.

best regards,
Marius