* Kamil Dudka:

> On Monday, November 2, 2020 5:57:29 PM CET Florian Weimer wrote:
>> * Kamil Dudka:
>>

>> > As far as I know, (lib)curl has never silently transformed a protocol
>> > scheme explicitly specified with URL.  This can be discussed upstream
>> > but I do not feel like starting the discussion myself.
>>

>> Curl does it for https://, so it should be fine for scp://.
>
> Could you please be more specific?  What exactly does curl do for https:// ?

It automatically replaces the underlying HTTP transport with HTTP/2 if
the server replaces it.  These protocols are about as similar as SCP and
SFTP, I would say.

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill