On Tue, Nov 02, 2021 at 07:35:24PM -0000, Maíra Canal via devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm an undergrad student of Computer Engineering in Brazil. I use Fedora for
> about a year as my only OS and I love the philosophy (and the performance) of
> Fedora. Currently, I'm looking forward to being a part of the community and
> contributing by supporting packages and developing. I have already some
> experience contributing to the Linux kernel, but I would like to contribute
> to Fedora directly.

Hi Maíra,
welcome to Fedora.

> I'm looking for suggestions of applications to be packaged, so if you have
> any, I'm glad to know.

If you want to package something new, the NeuroFedora project tracker has a
wishlist [1].

But, despite what our docs seem to imply, it is at least as useful, if not
more, to
provide fixes or upgrades to other packages, e.g. as pull requests on
src.fedoraproject.org.

[1]
https://pagure.io/neuro-sig/NeuroFedora/issues?tags=S%3A+Needs+packaging&status=Open

Zbyszek